Join us along with Tarrant County Commissioner Gary Fickes at The Marq Southlake for an enchanted evening of savory & sweet tasting from local restaurants such as Del Frisco’s Grille, Feedstore BBQ, Howard Wang's and iFratellis Pizza Southlake. There will also be wine & cocktails, live music & dancing and a silent auction.
Naturally Sweet is the Bob Jones Nature Center's largest annual fundraiser, the success of which depends on the generosity and involvement of the community. Your attendance not only allows you to help further and strengthen the Nature Center's many educational programs, it offers a valuable opportunity to gain entrée and visibility to some of the most sought-after demographics in North Texas.
2015 was a fantastic year for the Nature Center. Past Naturally Sweet events allowed us to accomplish so much:
- We presently offer several educational programs for Northeast Tarrant families: Preschool, Homeschool classes, the Junior Explorers Mommy & Me classes, Boy and Girl Scouts workshops, and professional photography classes.
- Last year's BJNC Summer Day Camp was a huge success - we had record attendance in each age group!
- Weekly guided hikes and illustrated lectures were introduced to help educate the community about conservation and preservation issues.
Thus far 2016 has been phenomenal, but we need continued community involvement in our Naturally Sweet fundraiser so we can:
- Finish our latest outdoor classroom, the Pollinator Garden.
- Creatively respond to member, student and visitor needs with adequate signage, enhanced trail system, a treehouse structure that can be used as an outdoor classroom.
- Enhance awareness about the Nature Center in Southlake, Grapevine, Roanoke, Trophy Club, Keller and other surrounding communities.
- Expand our volunteer and intern workforce.
- Proceed with other restoration plans for the Nature Center grounds; like a savanna project, converting to Texas Natives and wildflowers.
Tickets are $135/non-member and $100/member – to purchase, click here or call our office at 817-491-6333. To become a member, click here.
Want FREE TICKETS plus exposure for your business? Consider becoming a sponsor or donor!
All contributions are tax deductible – whether cash or in-kind. If you are available to volunteer any capacity, we welcome the help and you will enjoy free admission to the event.
Volunteers are needed for both prep (i.e. marketing, requesting sponsorships & auction items, organizing logistics) and the live event (i.e. decorating, gathering tickets, answering questions, processing donations and event tear down).