$200K is the number for 2018 Art in the Square!
Mother Nature created three beautiful days as an artful background for the Southlake Women's Club's 19th Art in the Square. 159 professional, 98 high school artists, 6 emerging artists, 100 sponsors, almost 1000 volunteers and many art loving visitors painted a portrait that was a success. For the second time in 19 years $200K goes to charities in NE Tarrant County. 30 charities reap the benefits of a giving community.
Organizers are also pleased to give a shout out for the talents of professional and novice artists that displayed amazing artwork. The community chose Darien Bogart as the 2018 People’s Choice Winner.
Awards of Excellence were also given in the following categories:
- Oil and acrylic : Pamela Blaies, Richard Hall & Tate Hamilton
- Watercolor: Greg Barnes
- Metal/wood: Seth Vandable.
Being selected for an Award of Excellence has earned these artists an invitation to the 20th anniversary in 2019 for Art in the Square.
High school artists receiving recognition were:
- First Place /Lone Star Award: Kortlane Judd (art will be displayed in the Texas capitol rotunda)
- Second Place: Steph Gramillion
- Third Place: Audrey Horn
- Honorable mention was given to Hannah Boggs, Kateyn Brown,Francesca Churchill, Samantha Friday and Brett Naughton.
Next year will mark the 20th Anniversary for Art in the Square. Save the dates April 26-28. It will be a celebration to remember!